It is our heartbeat to show the love of Christ through our humanitarian programs. To build lasting relationships, empower individuals and families, and give them the resources they need to positively impact their communities.
Our Mission In Action:
- Sharing the love of Christ through our interaction with individuals, families, and communities in Liberia
- Empowering our local Liberian staff to impact their community through our humanitarian programs
- Create and implement sustainable and economical programs and projects in Liberia
- Be a voice for the disenfranchised in the community; the widowed, the orphaned, the disabled, etc.
- Build long lasting relationships, through our programs, that will enable us to reach more people
- Partner locally (Lancaster, PA) with churches, businesses, and individuals to grow our programs and ministries
- Partner locally (Liberia, Africa) with other non-profits, and churches to extend our reach
The Beginning of CHAP International:
In 2002 CHAP International Founder Stan Weaver visited Liberia, West Africa for the very first time. What he witnessed was a nation in the midst of consecutive civil wars lasting a total of 14 years! A people torn apart, desperate and hurting. Stan vowed to never step foot in Liberia again but God had far greater plans. Stan along with his wife Tina and Pastor Sackie Kwalalon started CHAP International to provide humanitarian aid to the people of Liberia. CHAP International continues to work alongside the Liberian people to restore this beautiful country to what it once was. To show people the beauty, redemption, compassion, and love of Christ.